No, really! It solves so many problems! For example:
- Transition scenes? Add banter to make it less dull
- Background info? Use banter to break up the delivery
- Character development? Banter on top of banter
- Random encounter? Banter is a completely appropriate attack option
- Angst? ... okay, probably not so helpful here
- Sex scenes? Are probably good to go, but there's always room for banter between the sheets (or against the wall, or in the shower, etc etc)
...It is possible that my story is going to involve a lot of snark. I'm sure everyone is shocked.