Stolen from peppervl on my Friend's List:
Post the first sentence (or three) from every WIP you're currently working on, even if it's very short. Then invite people to ask questions about your WIPs. With any luck, the motivation to take that WIP one step closer to completion will appear as if by magic!
1. The platform under him was iron, Zack could tell, the press of chill metal warming him in a way that had nothing to do with temperature and everything to do with the comforting tingle of strength easing into his body from the close proximity. Even better was the fact that he was underground, at least 30 feet below unless he missed his guess. It was that more than anything that convinced him he was probably in safe hands.
2. "I need a good reason for spending a lot of time at the hospital for the next... while," Jared blurted, eyes not quite managing to get high enough to meet Jensen's. "I figured that a boyfriend who worked there would be a pretty good excuse."
3. "Look buddy, whether you're dead or not has nothing to do with me. I'm just the ferryman. Go to H.R. down in the Eighth Circle if you want to put in a claim." Not that any claims actually went through, but this nitwit could probably do with a century or two of sitting around waiting for his number to be called. "Now are you getting in the boat or not?"
4. The worst part was that this was all his own damn fault. Not just for wandering into the forest at night without so much as a flashlight - though that was certainly Grade-A idiocy at work right there - but for being dumb enough to stomp off in a girly teenage huff because Jared fucking Padalecki had a boyfriend.
5. Before he'd met Jensen Ackles, Jared had had no idea how much you could touch somebody else without getting laid.
6. "Why is your kitchen staff answering your phone anyway?"
"I'm making bread dough," Jared explained. "No free hands."
"Why don't you buy a Bluetooth or something?"
Jared shrugged and nearly lost the phone in the process. "Tried it for a while. But then I got jam on it and it stopped working."
7. The postcard says it's from Okinawa, but Jensen knows that's not where Jared mailed it from; Jared knows that Jensen hates having the surprise ruined by a postcard. Besides, Jared was in Japan the year before last. There's no way he's gone back so soon.
8. "Not so good at taking your own advice?" is what comes out of his mouth instead, voice ahead of brain as usual. Jensen doesn't answer and the words keep rolling out in a reckless kind of challenge. "Or are wish fairies too busy making other people's dreams come true that they're never allowed to make themselves happy?"
9-agh. Whee! I am bad at finishing stuff!